Ageliki Anagnostou is an Assistant Professor in Macroeconomic Theory and Policy at the Department of Economics at the University of Thessaly in Greece. She is a graduate of the University of Alberta, Canada, with a BA Degree in Economics and Statistics. She received her Master’s Degree from the University of Liverpool, with the general title, MA Degree in International Macroeconomics; and her Ph.D. from the University of Sheffield, UK, with the general title: PhD. in Applied Econometrics of Financial Markets. The title of her PhD thesis was: Modeling the Dynamic Behavior of the Greek Stock & Foreign Exchange Markets: A Non-linear Time Series Approach. Her research interests include the study and application of non-linear models to macroeconomics and policy. She has a number of publications and she has participated in a significant number of scientific conferences. She has long experience in coordinating, mamaging, and implementing large-scale projects.
Strong Skills and qualifications:
- Experience in Regional Development Issues,
- Experience in Regional and Local Development Plans,
- Experience in Management and Coordination of EU and national projects,
- Experience in Macroeconomic and Regional Modelling using advanced macroeconometric techniques, mathematical methods, and different models (i.e. Regional HERMIN model, TERM model, CGE models, Non-linear models, PANEL VAR Model Analysis)
- CADIZ European Youths, ERASMUS +
- RELOCAL: Resituating the local in cohesion and territorial development, H2020-SC6-REV-INEQUAL-2016
- Development of the Greek Digital Regional Observatory, national funding
- INACT: an Integrated Approach for Promoting Cross-Border Business and development, funded by the GREECE-ALBANIA IPA CROSS BORDER PROGRAMME 2007-2013.
- PROMISE:”Municipal Property Management in South-Eastern Cities”, SOUTH EAST EUROPE Transnational Cooperation Program, 2009-2012.
- SMEBOOST: “Value added for the business growth of NEs through spreading knowledge in the SME sector” Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs, DG Enterprise and Industry Initiative, 2008-2010. More
- MIGRAVALUE:”Steering Economic and Social Cohesion in the CADSES Space: Valuing Migration as a Development Tool”, INTERREG IIIB CADSES, 2006-2008.
- TELEACCESS: “Creation of Telecenters to Support Learning, Entrepreneurship and Access to IS, in Isolated Areas”, INTERREG IIIB CADSES, NEIGHBOURHOOD PROGRAMME, 2006-2008.
- EU DIMENSIONS: Local Dimensions of a Wider European Neighborhood: Developing Political Community through Practices and Discourses of Cross-Border Cooperation, EU 6th Framework Program for Research and Technology, 2006-2008.
- DYNREG: “DYNREG:Dynamic Regions in a Knowledge Driven Global Economy: Lessons and Policy Implications for the EU”, 6th Framework Programme (6FP) for Research and Technological Development of the European Commission, 2006-2008. More
- FRONTIERS:”Successful INTERREG Project Planning and Implementation – The Case of Remote Areas”, C.I.P. Interreg – Interact program, 2006-2008. More
- RIMED: “RIMED: Regional Integration and Metropolitan Development in Southeaster Europe”, INTERREG III B CADSES, 2003-2005. More
- FUToURISM: “Program FUToURISM concerns the integrated and sustainable development of tourist regions”, 2005-2008.
- EXLINEA: “Lines of exclusion as arenas of cooperation in Europe”, EU 5th Framework Program for Research and Technology, 2002-2004.
- RePlan:”RePlan: -Re assessing Planning Instruments”, Progresdec-Interreg IIIC, 2006-2007
- EURECO:”The Impact of European Integration and Enlargement on Regional Structural
Change and Cohesion”, EU 5th Framework Program for Research and Technology, 2002-2004.